Saturday, June 30, 2012

Moving with cats...

...is almost as hard as getting them in the first place...just shorter.
The Kitty Krew is safely nestled into their new home and adjusting well.  The youngest 2 seem to have adjusted quickest, I think because there was no scent of the older 2.  But, 2 weeks after the move, everyone is settled in.

Well, they were anyway until a new foster, Fancy, showed up at the door (literally as she was dropped of by Greg Willey instead of me picking her up).  There is a fair amount of anxiety and hissing/growling being done.  I figure they'll adjust in a few more days and she'll be on the road to her new home within 3 weeks.  Fancy was exposed to a virus and needs a safe place to build up her immunity and my crazy home is quieter than the shelter environment.  I can already tell this girl is going to be snapped up quickly when she makes it to the adoption floor!  She's a beautiful long haired pastel Calico.  If we weren't full up on cats here, I might consider her an option.  But, she has another human waiting for her, my job is to make sure she's ready for him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment