Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome!

I'm glad you stopped by for a visit!  I hope as you visit, you'll find a reason to keep coming back.

A little about me...I'm the married mother of 1 daughter, stepmother to 3 girls...all adults.  Seems almost surreal sometimes.  Professionally, I'm a licensed Social Worker but I don't work for pay.  Ok, I get kitty kisses on a regular basis.  Yes, I volunteer at Friendship Animal Protective League.  I think everyone should for a week.  Every cat and dog in the county would then be spayed or neutered.

I'll be writing about life with cats...the four legged ones and the two legged ones.  To explain a bit:  I married into a family that has several members who are on the autism spectrum (ASD).  I find that cats and people who have an ASD are a lot alike.  They both want to know that their meals will be a certain time and in a certain place, they have the necessities of life and crave simple routines.  For this gal who flys by the seat of her pants some days, this can be quite difficult.

I'll do my best to remain positive here and hope that you'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment